There are a number of common expressions in English which use the verb do.
Do homework (complete homework assignments)
- I did my homework before watching TV.
- The teacher let us begin doing our homework at the end of the school day.
Do housework (do household jobs like cleaning and washing)
- Jane is a stay at home mom. She cooks and does houseworkevery day.
- Bob doesn’t mind doing the housework to help his wife.
Do laundry (wash, dry, and put away the dirty clothes)
- I usually do laundry on the weekend.
- Chris does laundry at the laundromat on Main Street.
Do dishes (wash, dry, and put away the dirty dishes)
- The students in the dorm often don’t do the dishes in the kitchen.
- We did the dishes after dinner.
Do one’s hair & makeup (dry and style hair; put on makeup)
- Jane did her hair with a curling iron.
- Cathy went to a professional stylist to have her makeup donefor the party.